Why Cedar Crest?

Transfer Students

Have you taken some college courses at an accredited college or university? You may be able to transfer hard-earned college credits toward your degree at Cedar Crest College. While you will need to complete at least 30 credits at Cedar Crest College in order to earn a bachelor’s degree, our generous transfer credit policies are designed to allow you to make the most of what you have already earned—and, in the process, save thousands of dollars and a considerable amount of valuable time.

Most courses in the liberal arts completed at an accredited college or university with a grade of "C" or better will be awarded comparable Cedar Crest College credit. An evaluation for advanced standing is prepared at your request.  You must submit official transcripts from all accredited post-secondary institutions. You also may be asked to provide course descriptionsIf you have earned an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree:

Students with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree from a regionally accredited two-year or four-year institution will be credited with having satisfied the equivalent of the College’s liberal arts requirements.

The Registrar is responsible for verifying student fulfillment of this requirement through a review of each applicant's official transcript.  This policy does not apply to students holding an Applied Associates degree.

If you have attended this type of school… And earned… You may be able to transfer up to…
A 2-year program An associate’s degree 68 credits
A 2-year program Some college credits (no degree) 60 credits
A 4-year program A college degree (BS or BA) 90 credits

Transfer Student Scholarships

Click here to learn about scholarships available for transfer students.

Transfer Guides from Local Schools

Bucks County Community College
Harrisburg Area Community College
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Luzerne Community College
Montgomery County Community College
Northampton Community College
Reading Area Community College
Raritan Valley Community College
Warren County Community College

Adult Transfer?

Are you an adult student—female or male—considering a transfer to
Cedar Crest?

If so, go to our School of Adult and Graduate Education (SAGE) site now to learn more about our easy and generous transfer policies created just for you!